Longevity - pharmtech serving the eternal life
Many diseases of the modern world are associated with aging. According to UN forecasts, the population of our planet older than 80 years will triple by 2050 from 143 million in 2019 to 426 million.
Drug therapy using senotherapeutic agents, rapamycin (sirolimus), or even a cheap diabetes drug (Metformin) is one of the most popular areas of research. Regenerative medicine is ready to extend life by using stem cells taken from the placenta to regenerate cells and tissues or organs printed using the 3D bioprinter that will replace the damaged ones.
- Biohacking, implantology, cryopreservation, Internet of bodies - who will give eternal life to humanity?
- Can we conquer ageing?
- How can we become healthy enough to increase life expectancy by 5, 10, or even 50 years?
- What progress has already been made in the search for an elusive source of youth?
- What are the opportunities for investors in the longevity industry, whose value is estimated at trillions of dollars?
- What lies behind longevity? What are the demographic risks and contradictions of longevity?